Traveling to Europe? Buy your Schengen insurance with Luma and receive your insurance certificate by email. All Luma Schengen Pass plans provide medical coverage of at least 30,000 EUR and are accepted for Schengen visa applications.
Luma SCHENGEN Pass Coverage
- – Pre-existing Illness or Injury, congenital conditions or birth defects.
- – The following Disabilities whether occurring prior to or during the Period of Insurance: hemorrhoids, hernia, diseased tonsils requiring surgery, pathological abnormalities of nasal septum or turbinate, hyperthyroidism, cataracts, sinus conditions requiring surgery, endometriosis, tuberculosis, anal fistulae, cholecystitis, calculi of all kinds, urethra or bladder abnormalities or disease, gastric or duodenal ulcer, hallux valgus, all forms of tumors or cancer, malignancies, disorders of blood or bone marrow, diabetes mellitus and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and HIV related illness including AIDS (Acquired Immunity Deficiency Syndrome) and AIDS related conditions.
- – War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power, martial law, mutiny or riot or civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to a popular rising.
- – Acts of terrorism or action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to any act of terrorism, regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence of the loss. An act of terrorism means an act – whether involving violence or the use of force or not – or the threat or the preparation thereof, of any person or group(s) of persons – whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organization(s) or government(s) – which appears to be intended to intimidate or influence a de jure or de facto government or the public or a section of the public, or disrupt any segment of the economy and from its nature or context is done in connection with political, social, religious, ideological or similar causes or objectives.
- – Suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-inflicted bodily injuries, psychiatric and mental disorders, insanity, abortion, miscarriage, child birth, venereal disease, the use of alcohol, drugs or solvents other than those prescribed by a qualified registered physician; dental treatment unless resulting from accidental bodily injury to sound and natural teeth.
- – Nuclear fission, nuclear fusion or radioactive contamination.
- – Accidents whilst engaging in (including any practice or conditioning program for) any sports or games in a professional capacity or organized contact sports, racing (other than on foot), motor rallies and competitions, rock or mountain climbing normally involving the use of ropes or other equipment, potholing, skydiving, hang gliding, parachuting, hunting on horseback, entering/ descending or flying in any aircraft other than a properly licensed aircraft operated by a recognized airline in which the Insured Person is traveling as a fare-paying passenger, engaging in any kind of manual labor work either in business or leisure, or engaging in hazardous works including but not limited to offshore activities, commercial diving, oil well drilling, mining, handling of explosive, construction site working, stunt works and aerial photography.
- – Trekking at an altitude limit greater than 5,000 meters above sea level or scuba diving to a depth greater than 20 meters below sea level.
- – Losses which are indirect and consequential in nature.
2. Account Number :
3. Insured Address :
4. Telephone :
5. Bank Name and Branch:
6. Bank address :
7. SWIFT Code :
8. IBAN Code/ Routing Number (IBAN Code for European zone / Routing Number for American zone):
9. Currency :
Terms and Conditions for Luma SCHENGEN Pass:
- 1. The earliest policy start date shall be the purchase date, not before.
2. The maximum period of insurance for this Policy shall be 180 consecutive calendar days.
3. Applicants must be aged from 4 weeks to 75 years old.
4. Children under the age of 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult who is also insured under the same Policy.
5. The sum insured for Personal Accident for children under 18 years old shall not exceed 1,000 EUR.
6. Policyholders shall submit claims within 6 months after the occurred date of the claims.
7. There is no direct billing for medical expenses unless the arrangement is coordinated by the Insurer or its designated assistance company.
8. This policy does not cover preexisting conditions, general exclusions nor medical expenses exclusions as stated in the Policy Wording.
- 9. The zone of coverage of Luma Schengen Pass refers to the countries eligible for coverage as stated in the Certificate of Insurance. You will be covered during your insurance policy period for regional or multiple trips within countries included in the zone of coverage.
- 10. This Policy is only valid for leisure travel or business travel (limited to administrative and nonmanual works only) and does NOT cover travel to any of the countries within the zone of coverage to seek medical treatment.
- 11. In case the Insured’s country of origin is one country within an eligible zone of coverage, the Policy does NOT cover any losses or expenses arising from the country of origin of the Insured.
- 12. In case the Insured would like to purchase another policy after the first policy expires, there shall be no gap in coverage and the total duration of coverage of all policies combined shall not exceed 180 days.
Policyholders reaching 76 years old during the policy are not eligible to purchase a new policy.
Any event or condition that occurred before the new policy start date is considered pre-existing and the Insured is not able to claim for any of these conditions under the new policy. Should the Insured be actively treated or under the supervision of a Physician or Surgeon, the Insured is not eligible to purchase another policy.